Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Take Care of You!


I had a health scare yesterday. After returning from using the ladies room, I suddenly felt extruciating pain in my stomach and pelvic area. The pain was so intense that I couldn't move. I stood still, slightly bent over, in the parent coordinator's room at my children's school. I thought the pain would subside with seconds, but those seconds turned into many minutes.

After about 15 minutes of standing up, I barely made it to sit down. Sitting down was just as painful. Cupping my stomach and rubbing it for some relief, I felt sharp pains shooting throughout my body. It hurt like heck. When I tried to get up, I couldn't move (again). The pain was so severe. It felt like the pain a women experiences after during and after giving birth. I couldn't escape it. Breathing exercises didn't hurt. That just set off the pain even more.

At this point, it was about 6:30 pm and Ms. Ayers (the school's parent coordinator) was about to leave for the day. When I arose, I came to another stand still. I couldn't take another step. I hunched over and began crying. Ms. Ayers instructed Lady Clara and Sir Isaac to pack up my stuff. She and her friend, Hutch, decided that they were going to take us home. They saw that I was in no condition to get on the bus.

It was painful getting in Hutch's car as well as getting out. In fact, he had to help me get out of the car and walk me to my door. Going up the steps was a task. I took baby steps. Since I couldn't stand up too long, I ordered food for me and the children. Then, I took a nice hot shower and got in bed for the rest of the night. Lady Clara and Sir Isaac rubbed my feet and massaged my head.

What was the source of my pain? Well, I didn't eat all day. I didn't drink any water all day (FYI: All I had was some hot chocolate in the morning before heading out to take the children to school). I held my urine for three hours -- even though I had access to a bathroom -- because I was focused on the projects I was working at the computer.

I did a total disservice to my body and I paid a painful price. My message to you? Take care of your body or it will shut down on you-- BIG TIME. Don't skip any meals. Drink H2O throughout the day. When you gotta go... GO! I don't plan on revisiting this lesson. I promise you and me!

I want to give a super special shout out to Ms. Ayers and Hutch for taking me and the children home. May God bless you for taking care of one of his own.

To my darling angels, I say thank you for taking care of mommy. I love you two so much!

Until the next time I write you.... I'm just living the solo mommy life.

Love you!

Feona Sharhran Huff
http://livingthesolomommylife.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohh! you have to take care of you rr.....who else will???
Well it seems like the kidz did a great job :-)