Friday, March 9, 2012

When You Invest in Your Child, You Receive Blessings and Favor Unbeknownst to You


This morning, I had a meeting with Lady Clara's principal. As an involved mommy, I wanted to have a face-to-face with Mrs. Fortner to introduce myself to her so that she would know me personally and not just recognize my face in passing. I even prepared her a packet of all the things that Lady Clara and I are doing individually and collectively.

To my delight, she was very familiar with my daughter, her excellent academic standing and her artistic prowess. She was very pleased with Lady Clara and elated that I came in to get to know her. She was so impressed with what I shared in regards to the programs I facilitate that wants me to come to the school to conduct self-esteem and other workshops for the middle school students. Plus, Mrs. Fortner wants to position me so that I can do this city wide and beyond. She even gave me advice on how to get into the school system as a teacher and how to approach my Master's Degree when I begin taking my classes in May.

All I wanted to do was simply let Mrs. Fortner know who I was as a parent and to partner with the school to empower our students. WOW... I am beaming with joy and thanksgiving.

No comments: