Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sandals Galore for the Perfect Price


I love this time of the year. It's about sundresses, open-toe heels, sandals and sunglasses. And, I know all the spots to purchase my fashion must-haves.

Today, I went to one of my favorite stores in the Bedford Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn, NY, to check out some flats. Danice, located on Fulton Street (at the corner of Nostrand Avenue), just added a shoe section in its basement and offers every color and style that a fashionista can imagine. I went down every row and tried on lots of zip-up, ankle-cut and strapless sandals.

I narrowed down my footsie fancy to four pairs of sandals in gold, black with a hint of silver, silver and turquoise. When the cashier rung up my items, they came up to exactly $30. Wow... what a fashionable and financially-savvy deal for this solo mommy on a budget.

I already have my black with silver flowers dress layed out for Sunday service. Guess what I'll be donning on my feet? I'll have to make a choice, though, because two of the pairs from today's purchase would work. I'm glad I have options and that I didn't hurt my pockets just to satisfy my fashion craving.

I think I'm set as far as my summer wardrobe is concerned. No more shopping for me, right?! Then again, only time and great deals will tell. Besides, you can never get tired of shoe shopping for sandals!

Until I write you next, I'm just living the solo mommy life.

Love ya!

FYI: Be sure to log onto www.youtube.com/powerhouseforever for empowering videos from yours truly, Lady Clara ("Kids Witness News") and Sir Isaac.

No comments: