Thursday, December 6, 2012

I'm Celebrating My Smart Son Sir Isaac

Prior to the start of this school semester, I had Sir Isaac to list his goals for the academic year. One was to get on the honor roll. This past grading period, my son made it happen. He continues to soar in his academics, too. Just this afternoon, he brought home his manila folder (it comes home every Thursday and includes graded homework and classwork assignments and tests). He earned all A's. I exclaimed, "I'm so happy for you baby." He replied, "I'm happy for myself." I love it! And, I love that Sir Isaac loves school and learning. I also love the fact that he understands the concept that when you do your work and study hard, you will reap the rewards. He's looking forward to earning honor roll status for the next semester. Me, too! Go son! Please celebrate the milestones that your children make in school. If they go from a D to a C... celebrate it. If they go from an N (needs improvement) to an S (satisfactory)... celebrate it. Any improvements that they make... celebrate them. It will make a difference in how they approach their learning and studying. Until I write you next, I'm just living the solo mommy life. Love you, Feona Sharhran Huff. P.S. Be sure to leave a comment on the blog posts. Stay connected with me on Facebook. Request to join the "Living the Solo Mommy Life" group. Follow me on Twitter @ solomommy.

No comments: