Friday, June 14, 2013

Sir Isaac Loves Him Some Mommy (And Knows Me Oh-So Well)

While cleaning out Sir Isaac's backpack and going through his school papers, I came across a poem that he had written about me. I imagine it was one of his English assignments from his poetry segment. When I read it, it made me cry. Why? Every word was true. I was honored by all that he said. My son loves his mommy and I love me some him. I thank God for my loving, attentive, compassionate, educated, talented and giving son. I truly believe that Sir Isaac has a mighty calling on his life and I will do EVERYTHING in my power to see him manifest his destiny. As you go through your child's book bag now that school is over, don't be surprised if you read something nice that he/she wrote. If you do find something, acknowledge it and hug your child tightly. Until I write you next, I'm just living the solo mommy life. Love you, Feona Sharhran Huff. P.S. Be sure to leave a comment on the blog posts. Stay connected with me on Facebook. Request to join the "Living the Solo Mommy Life" group. Follow me on Twitter @ solomommy.

No comments: