Monday, July 5, 2010

The Park, a Racket and Me -- What an Energizing Workout!


After looking at my lavendar and pink Wilson's racket nestled in the corner of my living room for close to a month, I finally decided to make good use of it. So, I arose early this morning, packed my camaflauge pouch and hit the handball court for some a workout.

It felt good running back and forth hitting (and many times missing!) my pink tennis ball. That's right, I said "pink." Hey, I can look cute while I work out, right?! LOL

I felt so alive during the course of my hour-long workout. My mind was free to wonder. I even came up with ideas to work on in the immediate future. I have decided to play racket ball every morning as it was beneficial physically and mentally.

I encourage you to utilize your local park to exercise as well. Take the kids and work out together. Link up with your girlfriends and play one-on-one tennis or talk "girl talk" while power walking around the track. Shoot a few basketball hoops -- or at least attempt to throw the ball near the rim. It's all in fun. After all, that's what a workout should be. Just take a try and you'll see what I mean. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Until the next time I write you…. I’m just living the solo mommy life.

Love ya!

Feona Sharhran Huff
Founder & CEO
Solo Mommy Magazine
“Empowering you with savvier ways to live a simpler life”
http://livingthesolomommylife.blogspot.com

No comments: