Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dear Time... I Need You on My Side!


Last night, a fellow journalist interviewed me regarding my mission to empower single moms and my own walk as a mother raising two children “solo.” One of the last questions that she asked me was, “What would you consider to be your most challenging thing on a daily basis?” Well, that was a no-brainer. The answer is TIME.

Often times, it just doesn’t seem like there’s enough time to do everything. And, I’m just talking about the necessary to-dos of the day. Add a magazine, freelance writing assignments, event planning and extracurricular activities for the children, and it’s definitely crunch time. I get frustrated sometimes because it’s my heart’s desire to fulfill my daily responsibilities and be able to do other things as well.

Sometimes, I joke that I need to be cloned to have another Feona to help with some of the work. It sure would make a difference. But, since I know that’s never going to happen, I must keep pressing on and look at different strategies for getting things done – what I need to do and want to do.

My heart is in the right place and I’m determined to make it happen – and to do so with ease. I’ll let you know how things progress.

Until I write you next… I’m just living the solo mommy life.

Love you,

Feona Sharhran Huff
http://livingthesolomommylife.blogspot.com

No comments: