Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hip Hip Hurray.... Lady Clara Made the Squad!

At 7:29 pm this evening, Lady Clara got the call she was waiting for. When I answered my cellphone, the caller asked for my daughter. I identified myself as her mother then inquired as to who was she. "I'm one of the cheerleading coaches," she enthusiastically replied. I immediately handed the phone over to Lady Clara and waited for her to tell me the results of the conversation. Lady Clara, who wore No. 27, was on the call less than 60 seconds but long enough to receive the wonderful news. She was selected as an alternate cheerleader for the 2012-2013 school year. Out of 40 girls, she was voted in by the panel of four judges. The cheerleading coach said that they all loved her enthusiasm and hard work, and wanted her to continue working hard. Lady Clara has a mandatory cheerleader meeting next Thursday to find out the 4-1-1 on what's expected of the team, summer cheer camp, etc. I am so happy that Lady Clara is fulfilling her dream of being a cheerleader. And, I celebrate her tenacity, courage and excitement. I told my daughter that her position was a great opportunity. I encouraged her to learn all that she could, practice and be ready when she's called upon. I know first-hand having been a varsity cheerleader for Norview High School in Norfolk, VA, that when you work hard, the coach notices and will position you for greater things. Please join me in saluting my cheerleader on a job well done! Until the next time I write, I'm just living the solo mommy life. Love you, Feona Sharhran Huff Visionary behind "Living the Solo Mommy Life" (TM) www.livingthesolomommylife.com P.S. If you're on Facebook, request to become a member of the group "Living the Solo Mommy Life". Follow me on Twitter @ solomommy.

2 comments:

Armando "Rayden" Williams said...

Congratulations to you, Lady Clara on becoming a cheerleader. I send well wishes on your upcoming success....Go Lady Clara Go
Continue to strive and you will go far...the sky is the limit for you can do all things with God strength

Living the Solo Mommy Life said...

Thank you so much for this comment. We receive it!