Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Let's Go Lady Clara, Let's Go!

Dressed in a white T-shirt, sky blue shorts, athletic shoes and her hair penned back in a ponytail, Lady Clara attended the first session of cheerleader clinic this afternoon. She is trying out to for her forthcoming school’s cheerleading team. As we journeyed to the school by foot, I could feel the excitement exuding from her being as she walked ahead of me. This is a very special moment in time for my beloved daughter. She is vying for the opportunity to show the ultimate school spirit. She learned a cheer, chant and several jumps. The cheerleading coach was nice enough to give her and the other girls study sheets as tomorrow is the second clinic session and Thursday is the big day – try outs! To help Lady Clara prepare, I researched video footage to give her additional support. And, in the morning, we’re going to practice all that she has learned thus far. What Lady Clara is embarking upon brings back wonderful memories. Twenty one years ago, I tried out for the varsity cheerleading team at Norview High School. Although I was a bit nervous on my big day because I really wanted to wow Mrs. Fisher, the cheerleading coach, I had my future teammates cheering me on. When she called my name for Norview’s 1992-1993 squad, I nearly cried. I am cheering for my high-spirited daughter. Chant with me… Let’s go Lady Clara, let’s go (clasping your hands as you say this!). I’ll keep you abreast of Lady Clara’s progress. Please keep her lifted up in prayer that she receives favor from the judges. Well, until the next time I write…. I’m just living the solo mommy life. Love ya! Feona Sharhran Huff Blog Visionary for Living the Solo Mommy Life ™ P.S. If you’re on Facebook, request to become a member of my group, Living the Solo Mommy Life. Additionally, follow me on Twitter @ solomommy.

No comments: