Friday, September 21, 2012

I Will "BE THERE" For My Children!

How can you "be there" for your children? There are so many ways, including listening to them share what's on their mind, chaperoning on a school trip, volunteering for the PTA, etc. Being engaged in your child's life makes a huge differerence in how they perform in school, behave im public, interact with others, communicate, etc. Last night, I attended Lady Clara's Open School Night. You should have seen the pride just beaming from her pores as I visited each teacher's classroom to learn further about what goes on and how she is doing thus far. An even greater bond was formed and there was an appreciation for showing up for her. Though I had a busy day and was extremely tired, I was not going to miss an opportunity to show my support for my child. Please make it your priority to show up for your child. If you're in South Hampton Roads (VA) on September 29, 2012 from 11 to 1 pm, come out to my parent symposium and learn from other parents and experts on ways to "be there" for your child. The flier appears in this blog post for your convenience and information. Connect with me on Facebook under the group "Living the Solo Mommy Life" and on Twitter @ solomommy. Until I write you next, I'm just living the solo mommy life. Love you, Feona Sharhran Huff

No comments: