Saturday, September 22, 2012

Indulging in a Saturday Night Treat with My Sweet Daughter

A few months ago, I purchased the Chocolate Fondue Fountain by Everyday Chef at my fave thrift store. However, I never used it. That is, until tonight. Lady Clara and I decided that our dessert for this evening would be chocolate-covered strawberries. We melted two large Hershey candy bars in the frying pan along with a little vegetable oil, then poured it into the fondue machine and let it filter throughout. Finally, we dipped our strawberries into the smooth-flowing chocolate -- all to our taste bud's delight. We ate one strawberry after the other... after the other! We just couldn't help ourselves. The prep time takes maybe 10 minutes. But the satisfaction of creating a tasty treat together is timeless. Okay, back to eating I go! Until the next time I write you, I'm just living the solo mommy life. Love you, Feona Sharhran Huff. P.S. Stay connected to me through this blog as well as through the Facebook group Living the Solo Mommy Life and on Twitter @ solomommy.

No comments: