Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Solo Mommy's Job is NEVER Done... But I Love Who I Do It For!

This afternoon was pretty busy for this solo mommy. Not that I'm not normally on the go, but I was especially charged with multitasking and doing things for both Lady Clara and Sir Isaac at nearly the same time. It started at 3 pm. I had to head to Lady Clara's school to drop off her snacks that she had forgotten this morning on the dining room table so that she'd have something to munch on before track practice began (FYI: She has a track meet tomorrow in which she's running the 1600 Meter and the 800 Meter). By the time I got back home, I had enough time to check my emails, make a few phone calls and catch up with business and personal affairs on social media before leaving out at 5:15 pm to take Sir Isaac to baseball practice (FYI: He's a player for the Chesapeake Minor League Pirates). My cell phone's battery had died by the time we arrived, but thankfully I had my trusty laptop charged up and was able to connect my phone so that I could check on Lady Clara being that track practice ends at 6:30 pm. By the way, Sir Isaac's practice ends at 7 pm. I had a friend to pick her up. By the time I got home with my son, it was 15 minutes to spare before we got our mohawks tightened up. As I write this blog post (It's now 8:30 pm), we're at my former high school drum major's house so we can get it done. Once I get back in the house, I have to iron clothes, complete an editing project and do some more promotions for the stage play "Tailor Made" (www.faithgardenentertainment.wix.com/faith) in which my daughter plays Mabel, the younger sister to Taylor and the "it" girl and favored daughter. I'm sure that I'm forgetting something, but when it comes to me, I'll try my best to get it done. My life is full, my job is never done but I love who I do it for. Until I write you next, I'm just living the solo mommy life. Love you, Feona Sharhran Huff. P.S. Be sure to leave a comment on the blog posts. Stay connected with me on Facebook. Request to join the "Living the Solo Mommy Life" group. Follow me on Twitter @solomommy.

1 comment:

buildplanb-Debbie said...

Feona, First, I want you to congratulate Lady Clara on such a phenomenal accomplishment, she is such a star in her own right. And you as I have always said is such an inspiration to mothers everywhere, not just single moms, but all moms..
I feel honored to know you. I am working on something here in my town with moms, that I would love to have you come to speak to moms.