Sunday, March 17, 2013

Farewell to a Fellow Solo Mommy

Yesterday, I attended the body viewing of 25-year-old Amber Rose Fayette Lewis. She was a single mom of a five-year-old little girl. She went home to be with the Lord on March 13, 2013. She was in a car accident that happened in Norfolk, VA (not far from her house) in which she was the only one not to survive. I only met her once when I went to Bible Study at a church of a mutual friend (Dee). She seemed really kind-hearted and was cracking me up with jokes once in the church van going back home. When I heard the news of her passing and of the fact that she had asked about me, it hurt my heart. Though we never spoke again, she had left an imprint on my heart and I on hers. All were crying tears as they walked up to see her for the last time at the funeral home. She had given her life to Christ and joined our mutual friend's church two weeks ago. I am thankful for our brief meeting. I am thankful that I got to see her one more time. I am thankful that she loved her daughter with all her heart and did the very best she could to raise her to be the best she could be. Here is an article I found that gives a brief description of the car crash http://hamptonroads.com/2013/03/police-identify-woman-25-killed-norfolk-crash. R.I.P. Amber Rose Fayette Lewis. ~ Feona Sharhran Huff, Creator of Living the Solo Mommy Life

No comments: