Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me... Looking Fine at 39!

Know what today is?! It's my birthday. To be exact, it's my 39th birthday. And, I can't be more happier. While many may wish to hide their age, I choose to highlight it. I am thankful for hitting this year in my life. You know why? Someone didn't reach this age. But God saw fit to continue to let me live and that is more than reason to shout to the mountain top. To kick off my birthday, a dear friend made me breakfast: Fried whiting fish with onions and grits. Next up, I went shopping at L'Bella Couture, a new boutique in Chesapeake, VA. Jaylin attended my purchasing needs with such care for my fashion focus. With her help, I found the perfect dress: A burgundy and tan A-line cut leather dress. After that, I headed over to Denny's for a FREE meal -- the "Build a Breakfast". I had a choice of four items to build my breakfast. I chose whole wheat pancakes, buttermilk pancakes, turkey bacon and grits. Then, I picked up my birthday cake from Farm Fresh. It looks so delicious (FYI: I will eat it after I return home from my son's basketball practice!). Right now, I'm at the Indian River Public Library watching "Polar Express" with Clara and Isaac as well as the other kids and parents who are assembled in the Meeting Room for this Christmas centered movie. In a few minutes, though, I have to head over to basketball practice with my son. Once I return home, I'm taking my cake and come individually-wrapped ice cream cups over to my neighbors house so I can celebrate with my friends. But no one is getting a piece of my face (smile). I want to thank my children and friend Raymond for my lovely cards and to all of the birthday shout outs on Facebook and via text along with phone calls. I love my life. I am happy about today. Happy Birthday Me!

No comments: