Thursday, June 10, 2010

Celebrate Your Children's Scholastic Deeds



I am so proud of Lady Clara. Yesterday, she came to my after-school program smiling from ear to ear. Now, she normally walks through the door happy, but this day it was for a special occasion. My 4th grader was crowned "Scholar of the Day." This acknowledgement is awarded to the student who showcases a super positive attitude, goes a terrific job on the day's assignments (and is willing to help a fellow classmate) and actively participates in classroom discussions.

As a part of her recognition, Lady Clara was able to wear a blue and white T-shirt that was specifically designed for the 4th graders. On the back of her shirt is the no. 42 and the quick phrase "No Shortcuts." I love it! I was excited for her. She has worked diligently. She deserves to be noticed for her efforts. The proud mommy that I am, I took photos of my "Academic Diva" and promised to post them online, which I am doing now... on this blog!

If your child does something good, celebrate them -- with all the bells, whistles and photo taking! It's sure to build up their self-esteem and belief that they can "Do It!" This sets them on a path to bringing home even more honors. I believe this for Lady Clara and Sir Isaac (who, by the way, received a 100 percent on a recent "Sight Word Challenge"). I believe it for your children as well.

Until I write you next... I'm just living the solo mommy life.

Love ya,

Feona Sharhran Huff
Founder & CEO
Solo Mommy Magazine
"Empowering you with savvier ways to live a simpler life"
http://livingthesolomommylife.blogspot.com

No comments: