Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day and McDonalds: I'm Loving the Peace and Productivity


It's a quiet Memorial Day. I decided to take Lady Clara and Sir Isaac to their favorite spot near our house: McDonalds. It's not so much the Happy Meal with a to that draws them to the golden arches but the "Bouncey House." That's what my son calls it. It's McDonalds' jumbo jungle gym. The children placed their oders with me then made a mad dash for the play area.

When I got to our booth with their food 10 minutes later, they came over and briefly consumed some french fries, chicken nuggests, sweet tea and soda. Then, off again they went for more running, jumping, sliding, tagging and playing.

While the enjoyed the company of their peers, I took advantage of the time to write -- this blog, in particular -- and to just let my mind wonder. And, to eat my favorite Southwest salad, of course! I am at such peace right now. The children are enjoying themselves. So am I! And, at the end of the day, that's what living the solo mommy life is all about.

Until I write you next....

I'm just living the solo mommy life!

Love ya,

Feona Sharhran Huff
Founder & CEO
Solo Mommy Magazine

No comments: