Saturday, June 5, 2010

When You Take Care of Your Children, They Take Care of You!


I go hard for my children. I do so because I love Lady Clara and Sir Isaac to the core of my being. I ensure that their basic needs are met -- food, shelter, clothing and education. I nurture their talents and interests as well -- karate, golf, gymnastics, art, cooking, music and dance.

This care isn't one-sided. The children take care of me, too! One evening, I was very tired and had taken a moment to rest on the couch in the living room. Lady Clara surprised me by fixing a delicious meal: Orange sliced spinach salad with butter croissants.It was a healthy and delicious dinner. I cleaned my plate!

Sir Isaac is so attentive to me. There's not a day that goes by that he doesn't ask, "Mommy, would you like a massage?" His massages are top-notch, too. He even massages my fingers! He certainly eases my stress with the working of his tiny hands. I can recall one evening where I was completely exhausted. I passed out on the couch. When I woke up, my son had covered me up with his Spider-Man comforter.

I feel good because I know that I'm doing right by my children. That's why they do right by me. We are a tight knit trio. We look out for each other. That's how it's suppose to be.

Until the next time I write you...

I'm just living the solo mommy life.

Love ya,

Feona Sharhran Huff
Founder & CEO
Solo Mommy Magazine

No comments: