Friday, June 4, 2010

I Hustle... Then Flow!


I was hustling this morning to get Lady Clara and Sir Isaac to school on time. We were doing a serious sprint-walk down Fulton Street, making a sharp left turn onto Marcy Avenue. Yes... we arrived in front of the building with two minutes to spare. I told my children that I loved them and watched them eagerly enter LPBS. Their charter school starts at 7:30 am. I released a deep sigh.

Instead of rushing to catch the train bound for work, I decided to "be easy" on this Friday morning. Besides, I didn't have to be to my summer camp office until 9 am. I had an hour and a half to enjoy to myself. So, I walked over to Restoration, which has bench areas in back of its building. I sat down, embaced the A.M. breeze and exhaled some more deep breaths. Then, I texted a dear friend, Jay, to link up for some "real talk" conversation. The vibe session was positive and helpful. It gave me great insight which enabled me to examine my perspecive on certain situations.

I feel empowered and ready to take on the rest of this beautiful day. I'm going to take it slow. I'm going to enjoy the journey -- smiling all the way to my next destination. As a single mom, it's imperative to have this mind set. As Jay so eloquently stated, "Moms -- especially single moms -- do more before 11 am then most people do all day. He is absolutely right. We have to acknowledge our output. Then, we must put something back into us. TGIF single moms!

Until I write you next... I'm just living the solo mommy life.

Love,

Feona Sharhran Huff
Founder & CEO
Solo Mommy Magazine

No comments: