Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Anaya Grant Wants to Help Young Moms Beat the Odds


Please support my sistah and fellow SOLO mommy in her book endeavor. Anaya Grant is a mom on a mission to encourage younger moms to stay the course and never give up. Read her "call to action" below:

To my community of friends and family:

You know what it's like to be a parent but imagine what's it's like to be a mom at 16, 17 or even 18. Not only do you have to deal with the issues of being a teenager but a parent. I know exactly what it feels like because I gave birth to my daughter when I was 17 years old. I was scared, disappointed and lost. Yet, with the help of friends and family I was able to overcome the many challenges I faced. However, many young moms do not receive any emotional support.

That is why I would love for you to help me create a book entitled, Beating the Odds. It is a book of letters written to young moms that will give them the courage and confidence to create a life they love for themselves and their child.

I would love for you to contribute to the book by writing a letter. Share your personal story or simply write an endearing letter about: education, self-esteem, parenting, pursuing your dreams, family or courage.

I am trying to create a MIRACLE! I would love to have a 100 letters or more submitted by February 18. Anything is possible, especially when a village is involved in making a difference. Please pass this information on to friends and family members who are interested in impacting the life of a young mom.

When submitting your letters please include your full name, email address and current occupation. All letters should be submitted to AnayaGrant09@aol.com

Thank you so much for your love and support.

Anaya Grant

No comments: