Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Savvy Shopping at The Salvation Army Thrift Store


I absolutely love shopping at thrift stores. I've been doing so since middle school. I always find high-end clothes for nearly nothing. I've been known to walk into a thrift store with $20 and come out with Anne Taylor, Anne Klein and Kenneth Cole clothing. Purchasing a blouse for $2 is nothing new to me. As a single mom with two children to clothe - trust me - the price is right.

The other day in a Salvation Army thrift store in Virginia Beach, I worked my savvy shopping magic and exited the place with a large bag of clothes and shoes - all for just $27. I bought several pairs of shirts and pants for Lady Clara and Sir Isaac. And, I picked up two sassy dresses for myself as well as a pair of gray pinstripe heels (Oh, and they only cost $3!). Did I mention the fact that on Wednesdays, everything is half off. That means that a shirt which is priced at $3 will now cost $1.50. You can't beat that bargain!

I love to dress well. However, I don't want to spend all of my hard-earned dollars to accomplish this. Shopping at thrift stores is a smart option for a penny-pinching single mom like me - especially one who has financial goes to fulfill for her family.

If you haven't explored shopping at thrift stores, I strongly suggest you to do so. You'll find a lot of nice clothes, shoes - and even furniture. And, you won't go broke doing it. Guess what? Tomorrow is Wednesday. If you're in the Chesapeake/Virginia Beach area of Hampton Roads like me, you may want to head over to a Salvation Army Thrift Store. Remember: All items are half priced!

Until I write write you next, I'm just living the solo mommy life!

Love ya,

Feona Sharhran Huff
"Solo Mommy"

No comments: