Friday, January 20, 2012

I Speak LIFE Into Their Life


This past Wednesday evening, I was the featured guest on the Lilies of the Field Teleconference Call. Sharisa Robertson, the founder of Lilies of the Field, gave me the "floor" so that I could give the moms on the line key strategies for empowering their sons and daughters that I personally use for Lady Clara and Sir Isaac.

The first of the nine strategies I offered was "Speak Life into Their Lives." I said, "The Bible says that life and death is in the power of the tongue. What we say to our children sticks with them and resonates in them. When we say something positive, they are going to light up. When we speak negatively, those words also stick with them. Words can tear a child down. It can stunt them in their growth."

I am extremely conscious and mindful of what I say to my princess and prince. Even when I may get upset, I never lash out at them and say hurtful things. My responsibility as a mommy is to build then up, not tear them down. It is to encourage them, not destroy their self-esteem. It is to make their pearly white teeth beam bright from ear to ear, not cause tears to fall down from their eyes.

Speaking life, hope, prosperity and greatness into my children's lives feeds their minds, spirits, souls and walk. When they internalize the positive things I say to them, I see the manifestation through their conversation and their behavior.

I encourage you to speak life into your children's lives and watch them soar to higher heights.

In service to you,

Feona Sharhran Huff
Publisher & CEO
Solo Mommy Magazine(TM)

No comments: