Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm Training Up My Children in the Word of the Lord


In Proverbs 22:6 of The King James Version of the Holy Bible it says, "Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it." I interpret this to mean that when I raise Lady Clara and Sir Isaac up in God's Word -- teaching them what His Word says and helping them to live a Godly life according to the scriptures -- that when they get older they will turn back to their foundation if they ever get sidetracked.

This morning, I had Lady Clara to read Hebrews 11:1-10. Then, we had a discussion on faith and how we can apply it to our lives.

I decided that beginning this evening (and every evening thereafter) we will have Bible Study together just like I had growing up. My grandfather, Chairman Clarence Isaac Anderson, Jr., use to gather the family together when he got in from work and someone would read a scripture he decided on. Then, we'd have a brief talk about it.

I know how much the foundation of my relationship with God has empowered my life and kept me centered when I went astray for a brief moment. I am dedicated to giving my children the same thing. And, I encourage you to do this for your children as well. ~ Feona Sharhran Huff, Publisher & CEO of Solo Mommy Magazine (TM)

2 comments:

Jacfred Creation said...

Awesome Feona..Go ahead..set the trend!!!

Living the Solo Mommy Life said...

Thank you so much Jacfred Creation for visiting my blog and commenting on this post. It's imperative that we set our children up for success in life by giving them the foundation and teachings of the Lord. Please stay tuned for other empowering posts as it's my mission to help my "solo" mommies. Have a blessed and amazing Thursday.