Saturday, January 14, 2012

Chef Clara Enjoys Her Day at the Culinary Institute of Virginia


My 11-year-old daughter, Chef Clara, had an amazing day at an OPEN HOUSE for the Culinary Institute of Virginia (Norfolk, VA). It was a day topped with food tastings and a cooking demonstration with Chef Blunt. She had mudslides, strawberry daquaris, chocolate-covered strawberries, parfaits, omelettes, shrimp & grits, french toast, waffles and more. Her tummy was stuffed and her heart was full. She adores the school. If your child shows an interest or deep desire to pursue something -- whether it's art, cooking, dance, science, etc. -- I encourage you to do all that you can to support it. You never know what investing in it will lead them to in life. I already know that Chef Clara will one day become a professional adult chef. I'm positioning her now for the inevitable. I wish to thank the staff and students of the Culinary Institute of Virginia for embracing my tween chef and encouraging her to continue pursuing her passion for cooking.

No comments: