Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sir Isaac Received a Favored Ride This Morning


I had a tough night. I didn't fall asleep until a little after 1 am. So, it was no surprise that I overslept. When I woke up, it was 7:22 am. Sir Isaac's bus had left 22 minutes ago, which meant we would have to endure another 12-block walk to his elementary school. This time, I didn't beat myself up or panic about him being tardy. I simply got him and his sister up and dressed, and out the door we went. I dropped Lady Clara off first then journeyed onward. While walking, I just kept thanking God for His favor. I think I even asked The Father to place in one of the school bus operator's hearts the desire to stop along our route to school and offer to take my son the rest of the way.

As we passed a particular street -- five blocks from our scholastic destination -- Paula from bus no. 754 pulled her bus window back and asked if I wanted her to take Sir Isaac to school. Just that quick God had answered my prayer. I accepted her offer -- explaining the circumstances behind our long stroll down the street from our house -- but just smiled brightly then waved us to come over so Sir Isaac could get on. She seemed genuinely concerned about my son getting to school, which would free me up to head to the library and get some work done. I thanked her from the bottom of my heart, told Sir Isaac to have a great day and went about my way while watching the bus roll pass me.

I just want to encourage you today to keep hope, faith and the expectancy of answered prayer at the forefront of your mind and heart. You can and will receive favor today. I can certainly testify to that. - Feona Sharhran Huff, Publisher & CEO of Solo Mommy Magazine

No comments: